There are some hacks and tricks you can use in 1SE for different purposes. Let's dig into them!
Quickly go to any date on the calendar
Do you ever wish to add a snippet to an older date; let's say five years ago? There's a hidden feature in 1SE that allows you to smoothly go back to any date without scrolling for hours.
While in the calendar screen, swipe right to open the dates drawer. From there, you can see the months in each year. Tap on any moth from any year to jump to the first day of the month you selected.
Here's a video showcasing this feature:
Retrieve the original video from which you created your snippet in 1SE
Has it ever happened to you that you need the original video from which you created your snippet, but you deleted it from your phone, and now it's only saved in 1SE? While there's no direct way to recover the original video—you can keep your snippets as looping videos or GIFs from 1SE—there's a workaround you can try:
- Create a custom mashed video that includes only the snippet you want to save to your phone.
- If you have a PRO subscription, you can remove our branding and the date stamps to make it look as it was initially. If you don't, you can sign up for PRO at any moment!
- Save the mashed video to your Photos app.
- That's it! Now you have a video very similar to the one you wanted to recover.
Select the perfect second for a day
Not sure how to select the perfect moment from your video to create a snippet? Our snippet selector has a couple of options to help you achieve this.
- Use your finger to scrub through the video frames. Make sure to grab the frames instead of the teal selector box.
- Use the arrows to adjust your video frame-by-frame for a more precise selection.
With both options, you will see a timestamp below the teal selector box. It indicates the exact start point of your snippet selection.
You can adjust your snippet's length afterward and preview your snippet.
Here's a video tutorial explaining this whole process: